Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Outlook

• Please log in to reply

Problemsolver

Problemsolver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having a problem with my software for microsoft an error comes up, and I am not sure what it's trying to tell me is missing. See below the description it says when logging on to email.

The server does not support a SSL connection. Account: 'POP-SERVER.NYCAP.RR.COM', Server: 'SMTP-SERVER.NYCAP.RR.COM', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 HELP', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'POP-SERVER.NYCAP.RR.COM', Server: 'POP-SERVER.NYCAP.RR.COM', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10065, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Please help I had to re-install microsoft outlook because for some reason it was erased off my computer, I believe by hackers not sure.

I would really appreciate some advice on what I can do to get my email up and running again. I have road runner email...

Thanks,
Jen :tazz:

Edited by Problemsolver, 05 February 2006 - 08:21 PM.

Advertisements

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Try this

open outlook
tools/
e_mail accounts/
view or change existing email accounts/
click on the account with the problem and click change/
click on the more settings button/
click advanced tab/

UNCHECK this server requires a secure connection/

Click ok/
click cancel/

try to access your email.

Let me know if it works.

yyzrush

yyzrush

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am kind off having the same problem but the only difference is that I can receive emails but cannot send emails.I use MS outlook 2003 and I am connected to a USR 8054 wireless turbo router.If I connect the computer directly to the internet then I have no problems in receiving and sending emails.I also run AVG anti virus free version.My guess is that it has to do with some firewall or port forwarding config on my router.

Any help will be appreciated.

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Your problem is a little different yyzrush, you should post in the networking forum for that