Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Please help me. My computer is running slow.

• Please log in to reply

smallville1956

smallville1956

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi,

My notebook computer used to start up very quickly, but one day it dramatically slowed down. I did not change anything. Now, instead of taking 15 seconds to get through the boot screen, it takes 2 min. I have run Spyware detector and Sophos Anti-Virus and found nothing (with the latest updates). My hard drive is about 85% free. I have recently reinstalled windows, and it took a week to put all of my stuff back on. I really do not have the time to do this again. My laptop has a 2.13 GHz processor and 1024 mb of memory. I have run all of the Dell Diagnostics and every test passed.

:tazz: Thank you. :)

Advertisements

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Sounds like your infected my friend

Please follow this link and follow the instructions in the post

Malware forum

The guys in there are experts in removing malicious programs.