Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2000 setting up multiple email accounts?

• Please log in to reply

WANT FREE TV

WANT FREE TV

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have just reinstalled Office 2000 and am having difficulty having 2 separate email accounts appear for email. I have set up both accounts, via tools/accounts, but for some reason when I open outlook email it only shows one account and used to have an option of which acount I wanted to use. Now all emails come to the same inbox? How can I rearrange this? I would like to have the option of which account to open and keep them separated.

Advertisements

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi,
Actually u have to create 2 different profiles for outlook,
right click on the outlook icon and go to properties,
click on add and then chk user internet email and fill in the account details as in required,
if any difficulty just get back to me

WANT FREE TV

WANT FREE TV

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Completed that with 2 accounts BUT every time I open outlook email it goes to the default email inbox only and never prompts as to which email address I want to open. Somehow I had this option before.

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi,
right click on the outlook icon and then go into properties,
chk for settings when outlook starts,
just ask to prompt for a/c which u want to start with...
i guess that will solve the problem :tazz:

WANT FREE TV

WANT FREE TV

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Even went and changed my default account to number 2 account, but it still opens in number 1 account with no option as to which account I want to open. I presume if I launch from some other location it will use my default account location but not for reading mail etc.

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi,
Ok kindly create another account in outlook and try to open thru that and chk if it working or not,
u can try duplicating the same data that u should have in the 2nd one into the third one.

WANT FREE TV

WANT FREE TV

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have deleted the accounts and reinstalled numerious times via both the mail icon in control panel, and via properties of Outlook. Every time I re open the program it goes directly to the number 1 account inbox, and never gives the option of getting into the number 2 account. I can check the box to allow both email accounts to download into the same inbox, but I am attempting to keep to separate mails systems.