Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Toshiba Satelite 5005-S507 laptop wont power on

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have Toshiba Satelite 5005-S507 laptop that will not power on.

Problem started with blue screens, but rebooted seem to fix for a week.

Finally did reinstall from toshiba recover cd, machine worked for 1hr then same problem.

Currently, When i hit power button, LCD shows power on but harddrive doesnt seem to kick in. I do hear fan startup, Toshiba start screen comes up then, screen goes blank with blnking curosor in upper left hand corner of screen. I leave machine on, but never gets into windows.

If i start from battery only, it might get into windows after 10th try. ut once it heats up machine, display turns off.

I cant even get into bios, tried f2,f8 alt+tab... you name it.

I have a feeling the Motherboard and or video card is fried. This laptop had class action lawsuit against it. For processor overheating. Wondering if i should give up, curious if this problem is worth fixing. Or by the time and money i use to fix it i can get something new.

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
To answer your question frankly. I don't think so. It does sound like the processor is overheating and if that is the case, in a laptop there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. There is something called thermal compound which can help in instances like this, but it's something like $60 for a little tube of it thats about two inches long. Not very practical to pay $60 for two drops, that probably won't even fix the issue for long if you ask me. But it might work.