Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Internet security 2006 Problems

• Please log in to reply

villa0808

villa0808

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ever since I did the most recent live update I am having problems using outlook express to retreive and send email. It is extremely slow and clocks forever never finishing. I've turned off my email scanning and it is still slow. Does anyone know what I can do?

Advertisements

sarah_gillooly

sarah_gillooly

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Quit using Outlook maybe?
I've never had an issue like this with Eudora or Mozilla Thunderbird, and they both work and look an awful lot like Outlook. You can hardly tell the difference, except for the lack of security holes that have made outlook so famous.
If you're determined to use Outlook, try uninstalling and reinstalling, that would probably work too. Also, if you're using an older version of Outlook, you might want to upgrade.