Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

installing jpg & pdf

• Please log in to reply

mamarose_us

mamarose_us

• Pip
  • 2 posts
tried to send attachment of pictures. recipient could not open pictures and suggested sending jpg. need to know how to do this.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what kind of image file were you sending?

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
try opening the image in paint, paint can be found by clicking start>programs>accsories>paint--click open select the file, then click file>save as-- and then in the little scroll bar under where you type the name of the file secelct JPG then click ok. that shoudl transfer it over. i belive this will only work for file formats of: GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, TIF, ICO.

mamarose_us

mamarose_us

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Tried>start>accesories but no paint there. Any other suggestions?
Thanks for the help

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
there are plenty of free other photo editing software out on the web, download on of those that is reliable and you should be fine, do not download anything shady that may contain malware.

jrom727

jrom727

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

what kind of image file were you sending?

Same question mamarose_us.. what type of image file are you trying to send?

1.) Right click on the file you are trying to send and hit Properties.
2.) You should see something that says "Type of File". Please let us know what is indicated on this field.

OR, if you dont mind me seeing the image(s) you are trying to send, you can send them to me and I will convert them for you... :tazz:

Email addy is jdub.02(at)gmail.com. (replace (at) with the symbol @ of course :) )

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

OR, if you dont mind me seeing the image(s) you are trying to send, you can send them to me and I will convert them for you... :)

Email addy is jdub.02(at)gmail.com. (replace (at) with the symbol @ of course :) )

should have thought about that one :tazz: :) :)

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
start>run type mspaint and press enter

jrom727

jrom727

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

should have thought about that one :tazz: :) :)

Your alright Mile! :)

just a 2 cent advice tho... if you're going ask a user to get a software, make sure to try to provide a specific one, this would prevent them from downloading those "shady ones", (coz u r the one who is more familliar with the "shady ones", right? :) ).