Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fan off, laptop overheating

• Please log in to reply

kat_mcd

kat_mcd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

The other day I was working on my Toshiba Portege 2010 laptop when suddenly it froze. I then noticed that the top left side was extremely hot, and that the fan wasn't running. Usually the fan comes on not long after the laptop is turned on. I turned it off to let it cool down, and tried restarting it later on in the day. The fan still didn't turn on. I can see that the fan is located on the top left side of the laptop; that's where the air comes out. I'm assuming that something like dust or dirt perhaps blocked the air intake but I have no idea where the intake is located. How should I proceed? The laptop is not under warranty. :tazz:

Advertisements

emblazon12000

emblazon12000

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Your laptop circuit for the fans have fried from to much use. You should get it repaired and install a more powerful fan for better safe keeping.

Emblazon12000 :tazz: :)