Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Best application to use for multiple users on different locations

• Please log in to reply

carolinejoy

carolinejoy

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hello, I am planning to setup a home health agency. In this agency, nurses, therapists and aides should do patient intake, billing, scheduling, and payroll. Also, we need to send electronic billing to insurance companies.

Right now, I am currently looking into two softwares. One is for the home health agencies intake and the other is for electronic billing. I was wondering what will be my best option in order to allow multiple users to use this software. The administrators and billers wont be in the same place. They have suggested that I use CAL or Remote Desktop Connection, some suggested to use RealVNC, others the SQL Processor Version.

Currently, we are looking at 20-25 users. I don't know if it would be a good idea to get it on the web. There are so many advices and I don't know which is the best and most economical.

Thank you very much.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
what software are you looking into (used to work at a hospital doing all that intake jazz)....the companies should have sollutions for distributed use....realVNC is NOT suitable for this...neither is Remote desktop..as only one user would be able to remote to the server at a time...i don't know what CAL is....the software provider should as i said...have a distributed use option that would take care of all of that stuff...as long as the sites are all connected..

carolinejoy

carolinejoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
The software is Medicare's RAVEN and PC Print. Both are stand alone products to be installed in a single computer only. CAL is client access license from Microsoft SQL.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
does the software itself use sql as it's database?...the biggest issues are that....with vnc...only one person at a time can log on...as with remote desktop...so i guess the topology needs to be discussed here

will the people entering patient data all be in the same place? and the people entering accounting data...will they all be in the same place?

carolinejoy

carolinejoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
They do not use sql database. They said that "a shared drive on a network file server MUST be used"; the people will be entering the data at the same time and in different places.

I was talking with someone from ipowerweb and they said that I can install this program on their dedicated server and run the application in different computers. He said that I can access the program via the internet. He said something about PLESK 7 Control Panel and FreeBSD which I really do not understand.

It was a very good advice for me that you said I cannot probably use remote desktop connection or realvnc. Thank you so much.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
since i'm not familiar with the software..i would assume that the company who sells it can help with setting up the total package....

don't know what plesk is...but freebsd is a version of linux