Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

This is a new one!

• Please log in to reply

SN00PY

SN00PY

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been a lurker on this great site for a long time. I come here just to read all of the problems and solutions. Well I have never seen this one one so out of Lurkdom I come.

I tried a demo of Fantasy DVD but decieded to buy powered dvd. Use the uninstaller and the program goes away but I had to Manually reassociate my files. Now many of my programs still look for "FANTASYDVD Multimedia Files" an d will not change. In fact whem I Right click to save any type of mutimedia files the ONLY option I get to save as is FANTASYDVD Multime.....welll you get it right?? Anyone else seen this one. Thanks in Advance.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
So, what's the file type(s)

Open MY COMPUTER, go to VIEW > FOLDER OPTIONS, choose FILE TYPE....scroll down to the file type (ex: mpeg), clikc CHANGE. Choose your preferred program

Or am I misunderstanding you?

SN00PY

SN00PY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yea , I have done all of that. Fir VOB VTS MPG GIF etc etc etc. BUT in the Shell ( I guess) this " Filetype" has made itself the default. Right click a photo and the only option I get instaed of Jpeg Jpg Gif it just lists save as FATASYDVD Player mulimedia file. I have done a file search of the PC to look for ANY references to FDVDplayer but none show up. This is weird. My news reader cannot open files now either. The only files that work are the ones I went in and reassociated one by one.

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi, how about restore to a time before you installed that program?
Have you tried that yet? hope that works for you.

SN00PY

SN00PY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Trying to resist that one. This all started after doing a major housecleaning to get rid of a BAD trojan. Th is just NUTS Everything else is clean BUT that.