Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hmmm

• Please log in to reply

unethical

unethical

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
I feel that the Windows 98/95 forum gets neglected. You constantly see 5-10 people in the Windowings XP/2000/etc forum. But you never see anyone in the Windows 98/95 forum. It's usually one person posting their problem and another people just browsing the forum. So, stop neglecting the Windows 98/95 forum plz :tazz:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi unethical...

There are several of us who work in the Win98 forum every day. I see you are being helped there even now. You must remember that we are all volunteers and we all try to work in areas we are familiar with. Sometimes it may take a bit for someone to pop into a thread, but I don't see very many in there that aren't being worked on.

Cheers!

wannabe1

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Hi unethical. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

I think you see more help/assistance provided in the xp forum because that's where you see the majority of the machines being submitted for review. I also have a 98 and with each passing month, I see fewer and fewer people submitting malware logs for 98s and even 2000s and MEs.

My 98 still works fine and I will continue using it no matter how antiquated it is. :tazz:

Have a blessed day. :)

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Windows 95 & 98 are practically obsolete these days. Worse, the hardware associated with Win9X is way below the specs of today's "average" computer. Usually, when a client is having problems with such an old system, I suggest they bump it down to a kid in the family and upgrade.

I'll try to look in on that forum more often, but realize that soon it may just faaade away, due to lack of interest.

Johanna

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
I'm not staff (yet) but I do what I can in there, I have fond memories of win98 :tazz: