Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PCMCIA Video Card for Laptop

• Please log in to reply

superman7

superman7

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I had a question for those of you more knowledgeable than I am. I've been wondering about this issue for a while, ever since I found out that laptops aren't all that upgradeable (I'm still learning about computers). Anyway, I only have a 32mb video card on my laptop, and unfortunately it's not shared memory or anything. So I have no way to upgrade the actual hardware. The thing I was wondering is if there was such a thing as a PCMCIA video card, or an external card for laptops with this issue. Like I said, I'm still in the process of learning about computers (I thought I knew quite a bit, but that idea came crumbling down), so this might be a ridiculous question. But I just thought I'd ask. Well, thanks for any feedback.

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
i've never seen one, but i have seen things that plug into a usb port for "adding another monitor" basically, an external video card, but i doubt they suppourted 3d acceleration, so it would most definatley perform worse than your current one. i know some ibooks have replaceable video chipsets, but you would have to contact the manufacturer of your laptop to find if they have such a thing.