Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BSOD Help!

• Please log in to reply

Jytrem

Jytrem

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I've been having trouble lately with a bsod error, that just won't stop. I've tried reformatting my computer, but it continues to haunt me :)
It says kernal_data_inpage_error, i've tried looking through the forum topic on the subject but it doesn't say anything about what I get, (That I know of, anyway.)
*** STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC03E1218, 0xC000000E, 0xF8486384, 0x0F6C0860)
*** atapi.sys - Address F8486384 base at F8479000, DateStamp 41107b4d
beginning dump of physical memory

Then I need to restart. :tazz:

Advertisements

synystar

synystar

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
If reformatting and re-loading didn't help, then you could have a hardware problem. When does the BSOD occur, how soon after booting? Did you recently install new hardware? Make sure your processor is properly cooled, remove all non-essential hardware and if possible swap out the ram. Does the problem still happen?

Edit: I just noticed it's in Atapi.sys -- the above may not help. =)

Edited by synystar, 07 February 2006 - 10:40 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
do you have your xp disk?
if so can you get to the recovery console by booting from the cd and choosing the r option to get to the recovery console?
if so type Chkdsk /r and let that run undisturbed until it is finished
report back any errors

Jytrem

Jytrem

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
All it said when it finished was chkdsk found and fixed one or more errors on the volume. :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Could you please run hijackthis and ATTACH a log file (ATTACH NOT POST) to your next post

I am not looking for malware, but I want to see if you are running something that might interfere with basic disk operations.

My guess...the atapi.sys driver is interesting....

Daemon Tools? Clone CD? Alcohol? Virtual Drive?

Jytrem

Jytrem

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I used to use daemon tools, not sure how it could mess up my computer, and I didn't reinstall it after the reformat.

Attached Files

Jytrem

Jytrem

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm still having problems with the same blue error screen.. If anyone can help, it would be "greatly" appreciated!