Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Norton Recylcing bin wants to delete windows?

• Please log in to reply

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
hello platform is windows xp sp2
i recently installed sunbelts counterspy program and ran the spyware removal over night while i was asleep
i wake up here and it has caught a few things here and there nothing of great threat i decided to always run norton 2003 antivirus and it found a toolbar exe that it for some reason would not delete on its own. My recycling bin is full of temporary internet files ect and i go to delete the norton protected recycle bin and i get this error:

Cannot delete Dc72: Acess is denied

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

ok well its not hard to figure out what it wants to delete is being used right now so. But its early lol
so i go into the recycle bin and delete everything by selecting it manually and right clicking delete everything gets deleted not one file left. But it shows me from my desktop icon that recycle bin has something in it still *the garbage in the trash can icon* i go to right click the icon to empty it and it says:

are you sure you want to delete 'WINDOWS' ?

any ideas =(

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Apparently, and hopefully, there's a file or folder still in the recycle bin that is hidden. Which means when you manually selected everything, you would have missed it. Enable the viewing of all files and folders by opening a folder or My Computer and going to Tools > Folder Options. Click the View tab. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

Now go to the recycle bin and see if you can see the "WINDOWS" file/folder that it is talking about. If you see it, right-click on it and select properties. Tell me where it was origianlly located (such as C:\) and what size it is.

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
hey computer wiz thanks for the reply m8, i dont know what the issue was but i ended up restarting the pc which then cleared my recycle bin.
thanks for the response though m8, if there was a credit system i'd rep you :tazz:

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
well that was easy :). If you have any other problems, feel free to ask.

Take care. :tazz:

Edited by computerwiz12890, 07 February 2006 - 04:56 PM.