Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

file needed

• Please log in to reply

DanThePianoMan

DanThePianoMan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
New user: I am trying to install my Bear Paw USB scanner (purchased in 2001) to my new HP PC. The new driver file was missing a file "A1usd.exe" that I found and downloaded already. However, the file "gt681x.sys" has not been found (except maybe in Russian...). Where can I find it?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried the manufacturer's website?

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Possibly not, but we will try this in the right forum since this has nothing to do with comments or suggestions about Geeks To Go.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www2.mustek.c...tekdrivers.html

DanThePianoMan

DanThePianoMan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
As a new user - I apologize if my new topic isn't in the correct forum.

I have tried the manufacturer's site & have the new drivers - two files were still needed & I found the one.

I tried HP - they point to microsoft, but feel any needed file is on my hard-drive - they aren't.

Microsoft hasn't responded yet.

So - since I found one of the files I am asking the experts (geeks) to assist me in finding the other.

Thanks.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
IF you got the proper driver package from the website i listed...then you shouldn't be needing to look for any individual files...that is a file directly related to your scanner driver....go to the page that i listed and find your scanner in the list...dl the driver and install it...