Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help in getting my printer to work again, PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply

CreeSweetSage

CreeSweetSage

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
:tazz: HELP! I disconncected my Lexmark printer(2200) and had it off my pc for a month, upon connecting it again i discovered that i can not print anything. I keep getting a pop up that says that my printer is not installed. So i click on the icon to install it and the next pop up says, operation could not be completed. So, i deleted everything and re-installed my software that came with the printer. It never installs anything. It tells me that the drivers have not been installed.
Someone suggested that i download the drivers from the lexmark website. So, i have and when the download is 100% i have to click on an icon to finish the download, i do and up pops another window informing me that spooler service is unavailable.

I emailed lexmark and they emailed me back with this:
go to "start", click on "control panel", the click "admin tools" and click "services", highlight "printer spooler" and Click "start". Then the service should start.
I did as they said and i get a new pop saying "error 1068-dependency service or group failed to start"
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need my printer!!! Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks, Michelle

Advertisements

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Hi CreeSweetSage, Welcome to GTG !!

See if this will help :

How to clean up printer drivers

Especially the part about special information about Lexmark printer drivers

Be Very Careful as it does require work in the registry !!

Backup Registry this is so if you do have a problem you can restore your registry
Start, Run
Type Regedit then hit OK
Click on File, Export
Export to the Desktop, name it with todays date, and select Save

Edited by Linkmaster, 07 February 2006 - 10:25 AM.