Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Move, Copy, Create New folders and docs not visible.

• Please log in to reply

synystar

synystar

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi folks. I noticed this problem first on my machine (at work) which is running XP SP2. The problem was later described to me by another user here who is running Windows 98. When copying or moving files or folders to a new location, or creating new documents in a folder - they are not visible until the folder is refreshed (she would close and reopen, I just hit f5). A reboot solves the problem temporarily but it returns eventually. She described the problem that she is having and it is exactly what is happening on my machine to a T. Two different OS so I have run several checks using updated AVG and several spyware programs on both machines and found nothing. These docs and folders should be immediately visible. It's not hard to refresh but the fact that they are not showing up right away makes me think there could be something wrong.....

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Start Run
regedit
<enter>

navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Update

Should see a setting on the right that says UPDATEMODE...what is the data value