Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

computer management

• Please log in to reply

fingazz

fingazz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a computer running xp. Everytime I try to open the disk management property in computer management i get the error message dialog box: Logical Disk Manager "The RPC server is unavailable." What should I do?

Advertisements

Krizniak

Krizniak

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

I have a computer running xp. Everytime I try to open the disk management property in computer management i get the error message dialog box: Logical Disk Manager "The RPC server is unavailable." What should I do?

You should start the 'RPC service' on your computer (at least when you get this message, perhaps should you stop it again when you have done what you have to do).
It seems that very important services relies on the presence of this RPC service.

I've read about vulnerabilities in this service, but I think that with automatic MS updates and a common protection, like the one given in the malware section of the forum, you could keep an eye on everything...
Be sure to have firewall/antivirus and anti-bad-things on your computer !!

Best regards,

Krizniak

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
This link may help a little, its a known issue.

Click here