Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bluetooth stopped working on laptop

• Please log in to reply

madmike

madmike

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an HP Pavillion zv series laptop using WXP OS that has had the BT stop working.. In My Network Places the Bluetooth Network tells me "A network cable is unplugged". This is a laptop and there are no network cable connections to be had..
I have tried uninstalling drivers in Device Manager and reinstalling to no avail so I'm without BT to use my BT GPS Mouse.. Hurry!!! I'm getting lost!!!!

Your help getting me back to where it worked will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks...

madmike

Edited by madmike, 08 February 2006 - 06:21 PM.

Advertisements

madmike

madmike

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well I quess it isn't as bad as I thought it was, as Bluetooth is working and all my USB ports are working. So let me go here instead..

Bluetooth and LAN will give me error messages when enabled that "A network Cable is uplugged". Now seeing this is on a laptop and no Cat5 or any other cables are connected then somewhere in the software there has been something toogling a disconncection to throw up this error message... I can disable the the troubling network connections and then there is not a problem until I want to use them again..

Any recommendation on how to fix the error messges permentanly to keep them from popping up will be greatly appreciated..

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
can we get an update on the status of this issue please?