Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does this mean anything to you?

• Please log in to reply

A Train

A Train

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
I got an error messege after my computer restarted and I clicked on view info, and it showed me these two lines. Does it mean anything? Because I can't seem to work it out.

C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5f97.dir00\Mini020806-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5f97.dir00\sysdata.xml

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi A Train!

The type of error you are getting here usually is malware related, at least in my experience. Have you checked your computerfor malware (spyware, viruses, etc...) lately? Another thing, what is the name of the file that causes the error? Do you get this each time you boot up your computer or did it just happen one time?

Please go into the Event Viewer and see what errors occurred at the time you get this error message.

Click START-->RUN and type EVENTVWR.MSC and hit ENTER.

Look under SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS for items with RED X's that happened at the SAME time as your problem...List them here.

Fenor

A Train

A Train

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I get this error everytime I am playing Online games, the computer will randomly restart during the game.
As you wanted: Tell me if what i posted is wrong.
The two Red X's in System
Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	System Error
Event Category:	(102)
Event ID:	1003
Date:		8/02/2006
Time:		2:59:33 p.m.
User:		N/A
Computer:	MAINMAN
Description:
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 ff6dd000, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 f86c9d3d.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 74737953 45206d65 726f7272 72452020
0010: 20726f72 65646f63 30303120 64303030
0020: 50202031 6d617261 72657465 66662073
0030: 30646436 202c3030 30303030 32303030
0040: 3030202c 30303030 202c3130 63363866
0050: 64336439 

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Service Control Manager
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	7000
Date:		8/02/2006
Time:		2:58:22 p.m.
User:		N/A
Computer:	MAINMAN
Description:
The Icatch(IV) Video Camera Device service failed to start due to the following error: 
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. 

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

and there were no Red X's inApplications. well not that had happend at that time.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I'm thinking it could be a heat issue, meaning your CPU and/or video card are getting too hot. Download Speedfan, using the link in my signature (The download link is in the first line of the second paragraph), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the temperatures it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.

Some other information that I would like to get from you is what is the name of the game(s) that you are playing when this happens, and when this happens does your computer just automatically reboot itself or does it freeze and you have to manually power down your computer and reboot it? Also, what is the make and model of your video card and when was the last time you updated the drivers for it.,

Fenor

Attached Thumbnails

• SpeedFanExample.JPG

A Train

A Train

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I am playing Counter Strike : Source, and the computer reboots itself. Downloading that programe now, So resultes will be up soon

A Train

A Train

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Ok here is a Screen shot of SpeedFan,

Attached Thumbnails

• temp.JPG

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
It's 4:30am, so if this reply sounds a little wierd that's why. :tazz:

Looks like you definitely have a heat issue, Your CPU (processor) is running at 66C at an idle temperature and your hard drive is at 45C when idle as well. What I would like to know is the following:
  • What is the type and speed of your processor (AMD 3000+, Pentium 4 2.2GHz, etc...)
  • Have you overclocked your Processor?
  • How many fans do you have in your case
  • Is the case made out of metal, aluminum? (provide link to picture of case if possible)
  • How long have you had this computer and how long has your computer acted like this?
  • Has your computer ever not had this problem of rebooting while playing games?
Please answer those questions and I will try to help you solve your overheating issue.

Fenor

A Train

A Train

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I can get a picture up tomorrow of the case, but here what I can give you now.
  • AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+, 2.41 GHz, 512 MB of Ram
  • OverClocked? If that means Run it over its limit, then I havent done it. Well that i know of.
  • From what I can see, There is just the 1 fan. I can feel air coming out the back so it is working.
  • I would say its Metal, not a think metal though. Picture will be up tomorrow.
  • The computer I got early last year.
  • This problem only started when I brought CSS, So like 3-4 weeks ago.

Edited by A Train, 08 February 2006 - 05:38 AM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You need to have at BARE MINIMUM two case fans, one blowing cool are into the case from the front and another blowing hot air out at the back of the case. I would recommend more though. I have 5 case fans in my computer, two in the front and 2 in back and one on the side panel which blows cool air directly onto my video card.

Being that your processor is AMD< it will run hot, but not that hot, and since your hard drive is also overheating, you definitely need to improve air flow in your machine.

Another thing you could purchase is a new heatsink/fan combo and replace the one that's on there, reapplying the thermal paste, I recommend you use artic silver since it's the best out.

Fenor

A Train

A Train

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I can tell you I was wrong about the number of fans in the comp. I opend up the case for the first time and I can tell you that I have a fan that blows air out at the back, hot air. A fan on the main board that blows air onto it, then it cycles out the bottom and blows out at the case, then a last small fan blowing air onto the GFX card. Now I dont have a fan thatis blowing cool air into the computer. There are two small grills on both sides of the box, but I wouldnt say they would help the temp cool down alot. Is it posible to run the computer with one side of the box open?
Like it wouldnt do anything harmful to the computer, I have always worried about that :tazz:

Thanks,
Aaron