Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Administrative Tools/Services/blued out

• Please log in to reply

Ryandphi

Ryandphi

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services
extended is blued out(nothingin there just the gear Icon). standard is only showing ipod service
I downloaded MacAfee antivirus ran a scan after the restart this happened. no internet service I checked device manger to see if my ether net connection is working. Now I don't have any devices at all. I tried to add a new network connection but. I cannot go past Network connection type. I tried software restore but I get a window that shows (system restore is not able to protect your computer .please restart your computer ,and then run system restore again.) I have restarted several times this does not change.
I ran spybot and AD Aware. In fact MacAfee tech support told me to remove AD Aware because it conflicts with MacAfee. every start up I get this runner error (invalid backweb application Id 1940576) I think I have included everything please help!

Advertisements

BabyTech

BabyTech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Try hitting F8 while your computer is booting (before you see the windows screen)...when it loads the menu where you could load XP in safe mode, but in this case, click on the option to load the last known good configuration. Let me know if this helps.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Ryandphi...

Click Start, click Run, and type services.msc, and then click "OK".
Double-click "Plug and Play". (If you receive a Configuration Manager message, click "OK".)
In the Startup Type list, click "Automatic", and then click "OK". Close Services. Restart the computer.

If this doesn't help, or if you find this setting already set to Automatic, I'd be suspecting a rootkit infection. In that case...

Post in Malware from the link I've provided below and put Possible RootKit infection in the title of your post...they are very interested in these infections right now and that will attract their attention.

Do Not use RootKit removal tools without the supervision of someone who is experienced with them...they can cause a lot of problems if not used properly.

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the Start Here...then post a HiJackThis log in THAT Forum as I described above. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. DO NOT REPLY TO OR BUMP YOUR OWN LOG. If it shows a reply it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1