Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

losing wireless connection (linksys)

• Please log in to reply

charter_mage

charter_mage

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
For some reason my wireless connection always goes out every night at around 8ish. I have a Linksys WRT54g router. I restart the router and I restart my computer but it doesn't fix the connection. during the day the connection is fine and i can play games online but every night it always goes out. Anybody know anything about this?

Edited by charter_mage, 08 February 2006 - 03:59 PM.

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello charter_mage and welcomew to G2G, :tazz:

I need a little additional information to ascertain whether or not I will be able to assist you,
in correctly identifying your problem.

Please answer the following questions as best you can.

1) What Operating System are you using? (Please include any Updates or Service Patches)

2) What is the Model and Manufacturer of your Modem.

3) What IP Configuration do you Use and What IP Configuration does your ISP reccomend? (DHCP / STATIC / ECT...)

4) What is the Model and Manufacturer of your Router / Hub / Switch? (Please also specify if using Wired or Wireless)

5) If using Wireless are you using the WZC (Windows Wireless Zero Configuration) to manage your wireless connectivity or another Third party Program?

6) What is the Model and Manufacturer of the Network Card or USB Adapter you are using to connect with?

7) What troubleshooting steps have you already tried? (Please give full details)

PLEASE ANSWER QUESTION 1 - 7 AS THOROUGHLY AS POSSIBLE, SO WE CAN BETTER TROUBLSHOOT YOUR PROBLEM

charter_mage

charter_mage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
actually i was messing around with the router and it no longer disconnects all the time. all i really did was change the channel a couple of times and now it works great. thanks.