Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GW 600YGR Not Starting or coming close

• Please log in to reply

procomm

procomm

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've got a Gateway 600YGR laptop that when I pree the power button the fan comes on and the 3 lock lights blink for a second then nothing. Fan is running but for all practical purposes the computer is off. If I hold the power button down for about 3-4 seconds it will shut down the fan. I have reseated the HD and the memory and the battery. No luck. I don't think it even gets to the reading the HD cause the HD indicator never lights up. Battery is fully charged and I also tried it with the AC charger plugged in. All I ever get is the fan to go on. It was running on Saturday just fine, but this all started on Tuesday. Has anyone seen this problem before?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I've had similar problems with laptops. One was fixed with a new HD. A second one i was trying to flash the bios and it failed. Now all i get is startup and shutdown immediately. H-P says they can put in a new bios chip but it would cost almost the price of the laptop. So i have another parts machine. A third machine i saved by replacing the motherboard battery set. It took me days to disassemble and reassemble the puter just to put the batteries in.

SRX660