Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

all "My Network Places" have been moved under internet?

• Please log in to reply

westcparts

westcparts

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
why and how did my other computers that were under "My Network Places" end up
under The internet now we had a worm or virus from wwwcoolsearch. but now we can not
share or copy files between computers we have XP pro/XP home /win98se on 4 different
systems but some can see the others but we can not share files or copy :tazz:
Michael

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Before we can even begin to address this we need to be certain that nothing is on any of the machines....that means visiting the malware forum for each machine

Second, we need you to clarify what each machine has and what each machince can do or see

so

Machine 1
Condition: Normal
Can see all machines

Machine 2.
OS Windows XP
Condition: all shares are located in Internet?
Cannot connect to any machine

And so on....

As much information as possible

What you gave us is akin to someone calling up and autoshop and saying his blue car does not move...what is wrong?
etc