Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No display on new custom build :((

• Please log in to reply

DavidTehNoobie

DavidTehNoobie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
lol. :tazz:

I can't seem to find the beep code in the index, can you direct me as to where it may be hiding in this book?

also seeing as I can find the post codes, here is the post code 87 and the aswer to this in the book is NET PC:Build SYSID Struscture. What the [bleep] can that mean.

Edited by DavidTehNoobie, 09 February 2006 - 12:35 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Is the mobo brand new, as in you still have free techsupport, when i get time ill check the manufacturer site(no guarantee that will be today ive got threee pieces of coursework to finish tonight). You can look yourself though, all the info is usually up there including the latest edition of the manual in PDF format for download. They should also have an FAQ and a tech support system/forum they usually have this and the info you need should be there.

As a wild hunch, do you have some different ram to try in it, just a wild hunch here bad ram can sometimes come up as a vid error beep on occasion and sounds maybe a ram like problem if youve got the system put together right. I would try it out the box to eliminate a problem about you putting it together wrong.

DavidTehNoobie

DavidTehNoobie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
ok, thx scot, the board is brand new, but on the abit site it doesn't say what bios I have so I cant be SURE what beep code to go by. Its madness i just checked in the right place to find out what bios your board has and mine isn't there What the..... is the AL8 super new or old or just ignored What the...
I don't have any other memory to try but tomorrow I have another GFX card coming because my hunch is it is video reated so i'm trying another video card.

Edited by DavidTehNoobie, 09 February 2006 - 01:18 PM.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
ok, now, the problem ur having i used to get when i didnt have the 20 and 4 pins plugged in, but you have the newer 24 pin adapter right?

The pics aint so clear, i need pics of the power bits and more of the bottom right quarter of the mobo

DavidTehNoobie

DavidTehNoobie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
sure i'll try to get the details of the parts that the psu wires are covering also the right hand corner is not too easy to see, i'll do my best anyway :tazz:

Edited by DavidTehNoobie, 09 February 2006 - 01:49 PM.

DavidTehNoobie

DavidTehNoobie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
http://img141.images...omputer11sz.jpg (this one is the one from before)
http://img141.images...omputer27ug.jpg http://img141.images...omputer33ob.jpg
the quality is good once it loads but is everything u want to see on there?
Thanks

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nah its not there, what you want to take a picture of is the places where you connect the power supply to the motherboard. Also where is that white lead going and is that from the fan i cant tell from the picture?

DavidTehNoobie

DavidTehNoobie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
the second pic shows the power connector to the mobo, yes the white cable is from the fan

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
right...ok...now i got mine working by plugging the 20 into the main power supply, and the 4 into its own, have you tried that?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Oh yeah i see it now little blighter was hiding. Yeah plug the 4 pin in thats the power to the cpu it wont work without it im afraid, if you have a 24 pin psu you can get an adapter(i would reccomend the adapter you can physically remove the 4 pins from the 24 but not something i would reccomend trying).

Advertisements

DavidTehNoobie

DavidTehNoobie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I can now add the GFX card is not faulty, just wasted money on a delivery tryed a 68gs and got nothing.
As you sergest I tryed the 20 pin connector into the 24 pin hole and and using the disconnected 4 pins, placed them into the 4 pin PWR slot. The cpu can started for a second then stoped I asume that it needs the whole 24 pinm connector 'in'... SO so I need another power cable to put into the aditional 4 pin power connector to put into the ATXPWR2 slot? comanighttrain you says yours worked with the 24 pin only filled by a 20 pin?? Also before you got yours working did you have beeps? Finally these 4 pins do need a connection do I need another PSU!! or another wire?
Thanks guys

ROFL I am a IDIOT :) :) :)
I found the other 4 pin connector I got to go college now so i'll post back to tell you if its deffinatly working, It aint beeping but I havent had time to plug in the moniter yet :)
On the plus side I can try the two video cards and send back the slower one boy does the 850xt blow out air though its sound like a hover :tazz:

Edited by DavidTehNoobie, 10 February 2006 - 07:24 AM.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
haha,:tazz: well i hope it works great, i have the 850! it kicks some major butt, the 6800GS is great too, see what one works best for the games u play most.

DavidTehNoobie

DavidTehNoobie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
arghh, its not fixed yet, im not getting any beeps anymore.. but still no. Previos code was 87 now its 9.0 - Complete uGuru initial process
AWARD BIOS takes over boot job
OK OK, cleared cmos jumper now im getting a normal 1 beep and entering setup + display :tazz:
BUT after a short time im hearing ambulence sirens and at the bottom it says insert hard disk to boot or something,
So, it sounds like i've not inserted the power cables to the SATA right, can any1 help? The mobo manual is poor on this doesn't tell it simple enough and not enough detail.
Thanks

Edited by DavidTehNoobie, 10 February 2006 - 11:42 AM.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
ok, well, smile cause now we are getting somewhere:D. ok, do you know how to go into your bios? (its usuallt either F2 or Delete as the system is booting). If you get in there, go into basic settings (or whatever, its basically tells you whats in the puter). Is the hard drive there? (itll usually say the make of the hard drive plus some blurb, it may tell you the size, cylinder count etc)

If its there, youll need to install your operating system onto it. To do this you need to "Boot" from the "CD" that your Operating system is on, to do that, go into advanced settings (may also be called boot menu, boot options, boot order, it may be in basic settings) and switch the first boot device to CD-Rom, put in the cd, save and restart.

Edited by comanighttrain, 10 February 2006 - 12:19 PM.

DavidTehNoobie

DavidTehNoobie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
i'll just see I think it wont let me into bios :tazz: