Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

live webcam

• Please log in to reply

dan_d

dan_d

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
how do i run a live feed from my webcam and people can see it on a webpage?

Advertisements

juber0

juber0

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
It depends which provider you are using. For example, if you buy a geocities.com website they will tell you step by step. Also, if you buy a SBC Yahoo! website in most packages, they will tell you how to do it. Maybe you can tell us which provider you are using and I can find something on the net...

*****UPDATE*****

After browsing the web on this slow pc ( my 3rd backup 6gb ) I have found this information, it may be useful

The ten minute guide to setting up your own video feed

Here are the steps needed to add a live video feed (with audio) to your own web pages.

Connect a video device to your computer. The video device can be a web cam, a camcorder connected by firewire, or any video device recognized by windows XP. In my video feed above, I have connected an Intel Pro Video PC Camera Web Cam (which I purchased on eBay for $5.00) to my lap top computer via USB.

Connect an audio input source to your computer. If you want to include audio in your live stream, you need to have an audio input source connected to your computer. This is usually a microphone. If you are capturing video via a firewire connected camcorder, the audio captured by the camcorder will be delivered via firewire, and that can be used as your audio source. On my video feed, I use the on board microphone on my lap top computer as the audio source.

Sign up at Camstreams. Camstreams is a service that will host your live video stream (with audio) for free. Sign up is free, and they provide (for free) the software you need to enable your video feed. Your video feed can be set to appear on the Camstreams site, as well as on any web page on any site on the internet. To sign up, go to http://www.Camstreams.com/add.asp.

Download and install the Camstreams encoder software. The Camstream encoder software is what pushes your live video stream with audio from your computer to the web. After you install the Camstream encoder software, do the following:
Start the Camstream encoder software (by clicking on Camstreams Encoder Icon on your desktop).

Click 'options', and select your video input and audio input devices. Then click 'OK' and 'Live' to go live.

View your video stream. When you sign up with Camstream, they will give you a link that you can use to view your video broadcast on their site. My link is http://bridgewater.Camstreams.com/
When you set your Camstream encoder software to 'live' mode, you will want to view your video so you can see what it looks like on the web. Note - there is a 13 second delay between live video and the web video.

Add the video stream to your own web pages. When you log into your account at Camstream, you will see an option labeled 'show html embed code'.
If you click that link, Camstream will show you the html needed to include your web stream to any web page. Copy that code and add it any web page on your site.

That's the entire process!

PLEASE CLICK THE LINK FOR T HE EXACT SITE IN WHICH I GOT THE INFORMATION FROM

http://www.bmyers.co.../1073.cfm?sd=30

Edited by juber0, 08 February 2006 - 01:46 PM.

dan_d

dan_d

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
wow...thanks alot i needed this....but i'm trying to make it for the school...so does it use port 80 or an ftp port because i think they only have port 80 open to prevent abuse?

juber0

juber0

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Not certain, im suprised they only have port 80 open...hmm... I suggest contacting their customer service...it looks to me, that you just have to turn on the cam and enable it with the software, the website does the rest... im still not certain to see if it needs a new port open or not, so just try and expirememnt.

Edited by juber0, 09 February 2006 - 09:48 PM.

dan_d

dan_d

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
no it's the school fire wall that blocks the ports...i can get on to my ftp if i use net2ftp.com that's it...thanks for helping...i'm still haveing trouble w/ this program because they also blocked the site w/ a surf control...i can get on via proxy but then to get the code it has a java to open it...are there any proxy were i can browse w/ java to open new window?

juber0

juber0

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
let me check online for a quick search. Ok, this is a proxy server written in java, dont know if its much of a help though,,,

http://www.roseindia...roxyservers.php

Edited by juber0, 10 February 2006 - 12:31 PM.