Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rundll32.exe XPCom:Event Reciever

• Please log in to reply

Tytheman12

Tytheman12

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey guys,
So recently i have been having 2 shutdown errors and i dont know what to do to fix them. First on that i dont get as much as the other one is the "rundll32.exe not responding" when i am shutting down my comp.

THe other one that i get more often than the other is "XPCom:Event Reciver not responding" when i am shutting down the comp.

Any ideas or help is greatly apriciated thanks a lot.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Here is an article from Microsoft that may help until one of the moderators in the forum comes along. :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the run32.dll is gonna take a bit to research but i found something on the other one...are you using mozilla firefox?
http://www.xulplanet...ultu/xpcom.html

i also found a reference to removing the google toolbar if you have it installed

Tytheman12

Tytheman12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
THanks for the find guys. I will look into these. I will also update u if things go over well or not. Thanks

Edited by Tytheman12, 08 February 2006 - 02:55 PM.

Tytheman12

Tytheman12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well these were both very good finds, but they didnt really help me get rid of the problem. If u could keep searching as so will i i would be very greatful. THanks.

Yes i am using firefox. But this just recently started to happen and i have been using firefox since it came out.

Edited by Tytheman12, 08 February 2006 - 02:59 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what about the google toolbar..have you recently installed it? by the description....it sounds like the google toolbar for IE conflicts with the one built into firefox

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.topqualit...5edda99f0a6d354 there's one for the rundll

Tytheman12

Tytheman12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
No i have never installed the goolge toolbar for IE or Firefox. I will check that new link thanks.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://help.lockergn...php/t37886.html

so far..everything i'm seeing about the XPCom:Event Reciver not responding is involving either the google toolbar, or a firewall setting...possibly a conflict between a third party firewall and the mozilla firewall

Tytheman12

Tytheman12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well i did the thing for the rundll32.exe and it worked and i gave all privlages to firefox on my firewall. So everything is running smoothly now thanks to u. I will keep u updated if anyhting goes wrong. Thank u everyone for ur help.