Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Kaspersky Vs Norton?

• Please log in to reply

Reign

Reign

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
let's ignore any pricing here. I want to know straight facts without biased advertising web pages telling me what. I have kaspersky on a disk that i put it on when i wanted to instal norton instead (so they don't conflict with each other).

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
general answer is...when comparing anything and norton....anything usually wins.....but some will disagree...and quite a few will agree and speak for hours about it....alot of it comes down to preference...but the most important thing...is that norton is trying soooo very hard to become unremovable from your system and completely integrated in there....that it causes more and more issues...it works (usuall) and they (usually) keep updated relatively well...but there are known issues with all norton products....kapersky is very good...and most people here tout nod32 as the creme de la creme

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yah, Norton is pretty rubbish its detection and removal rates are worse than most of the free AVs, Kapersky is excellent, and Nod32 also excellent.

Reign

Reign

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Interesting, i will have to look the excellents up sometime.

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
You might want to take a look at this article about Norton...

http://www.eweek.com...,1910077,00.asp

Reign

Reign

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
That's very interesting, and current. My Subscription ended on the 8th (three days before that article). Am i by chance vulnerable?

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
I'm not sure...If your subscription has run out, you should definately consider removing it from your machine.
http://www.geekstogo...are-t43188.html <-- Intructions on removing norton using the "SymNRT" tool

bmt134

bmt134

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Kaspersky is coming out with a new and improved 2006 version soon, so I would hold out for that. Supposedly, NOD32 is coming out with a new, easier to use version soon too. If you can't wait either of those 2 are your best bet for paid anti-virus software.