Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory could not be written.....

• Please log in to reply

Angelus

Angelus

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Heres the deal, My folders on my laptop were crashing out and the problem seemed to be with something called Dr Watson.
I searched google for a while and a few sites recommended deleted the AeDebug file from the registry editor, i did that and now whever i try to open AVI files from a disc i get the message

The Instruction at "0x029e415b2" referenced memory at "0x0000000". The memory could not be "written"
Click ok to terminate the program.

Is their anyway to fix this problem, thanks.

Edited by Angelus, 08 February 2006 - 04:22 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
?? I have no idea what you read or where you read it (link)

These errors are usually a result of a poorly written program accessing memory incorrectly...Dr. Watson is actually the program that is catching the error and reporting it...it is not the program itself

Stopping this from occuring generally means discovering the faulty program...what did you install just before this began?

Have you checked for malware ? Malware is generally poorly written

Angelus

Angelus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I read this, because i read sites that said windows SP2 caused Dr watson to crash out folders.

http://support.micro...om/?kbid=188296

I think i remember it starting when i download Yugioh Virtual Desktop, I think so, I haven't ran a malware check yet. I will try that though

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I would start by uninstalling Yugioh Virtual Desktop, then run a malware check (follow instructions atop malware forum)

Angelus

Angelus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I removed the program, but i ran Lavasoft last night and that didnt solve the problem.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
lavasoft is not enough

go to the malware forum, follow the instructions at the top

Angelus

Angelus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok then ill try that and get back to you

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
:tazz:

Angelus

Angelus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I ran all the mal ware stuff it said too and im still getting the same problem, I still get the error when i try open AVI files in a folder, but i can open them fine if i open Winamp and do it that way.