Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cyberlink Power DVD (xp 4.0)

• Please log in to reply

Jo Cole

Jo Cole

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Problems with DVD player... been ok for over a year now but a few days ago each time I put a DVD in to watch, a message kept popping up saying there was no disk in the drive (even though there was) Now its not even saying that, but a message comes up saying "Error Code 00002711 - unable to load file *1MP " Athough it shows as installed on the list, when I go to add/remove programmes to remove it a message comes up saying "An installation support file cannot be installed. The system cannot find the file specified " ....Any ideas what it is or is it something I've done to cause this...Hope you can help...Jo Cole

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
reinstall your DVD software

Jo Cole

Jo Cole

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

reinstall your DVD software

Already tried that...but nothing exactly as before.

eliminator

eliminator

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I had this problem put it in dvd burner drive

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
uninstall again in add/remove, then drop into c:\program files\powerdvd and delete the powerdvd folder.

Then reinstall

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
If the DVD you have in there was one of those you wrote then more then likely your DVD reader too old and not support the media.
-Or you can try a known good,real dvd in the reader with power dvd
-Or you can try the media in the drive that wrote it with power dvd
Personaly I love Power DVD.