Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Cooling Check

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Just want to make sure my computer won't run too hot or have any problems with cooling with the build I have. Here's what I have concerns about (though I'm confident of the solutions I have):

Case is COOLER MASTER Praetorian PAC-TO1-EK, with 4 80mm fans (hoping these will be enough to cool HD, which is a Western Digital 250gb 7200rpm 16mb cache SATA II which reportedly runs a bit hot).

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor is cooled by ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue Fan/Copper Heatsink (Best Zalman as far as I know, this should be fine).

ATI X1900XT 512MB GPU with Stock Fan

Will this run cool?

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its fine 120mm fans would be better than 80mm but its fine.