Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open my mail [resolved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

artoo1965

artoo1965

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey there coachwife6.....

You haven't given up on me don't you????

Appreciate your help thus far.... looking forward for more.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Are you using a wireless Internet connection? Linksys perhaps?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
This is from Best Techie.

Might want to look at this site.

http://www.kellys-ko...xp.com/xp_p.htm

The directions I am refering to are the one the ones that deal with "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Which is the first set of directions on the page.

Maybe that can help him out a bit. I'm still looking around and thinking of some other things. But that's worth a shot.

B

artoo1965

artoo1965

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Nope.

artoo1965

artoo1965

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
No. I'm not using wireless Internet Connection.

artoo1965

artoo1965

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi Best Techie....

I'm on ME OS. Does your suggected link applicable to me? Seems for XP.

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi,

After some further research, you might want to try readjusting your cookie levels. Make sure they are not set too high. Check to make sure your cookie settings are on Medium. Maybe that will help. :tazz:

In IE
Tools
Internet Options
Privacy tab
Move the slider to Medium
Apply/Ok

B

artoo1965

artoo1965

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Same thing after adjusting the cookie slider to medium.

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Ok, lets take a step back.

When you try to get into Yahoo Mail, what happens? Do you get any messages such as, "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" or anything? Please post whatever you see when you try to get into Yahoo Mail. Also, is this the only site you have problems with? I'm still researching, but having the answers to the questions I just asked would help a lot. :tazz:

B

artoo1965

artoo1965

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Using either IE or Firefox, I can log on into My Yahoo just fine. But when I click on the Mail, Check Mail or Yahoo Group, the blue progress bar at the bottom of the browser in IE just crawled about halfway and then the page turns to "The Page Cannot Be Displayed". If I click on other things it will take me to the page just fine. Could not access the microsoft website to obtain updates and patches also.

Oh yeah... just remember that I used to install Yahoo Messenger once but I have uninstalled it. :tazz: Any problem from that? Thanks y'all!

Advertisements

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi,

Please download CCleaner from here.
http://www.ccleaner.com/ccdownload.php

Run it, have it cleanup what it finds.

Then if that doesn't fix the problem, look here:

http://support.micro...b;EN-US;q241344

Make sure you follow the directions step by step.

Hopefully one of those solutions will fix the problem. :tazz:

Good luck! ;)

B

artoo1965

artoo1965

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I've run the CCleaner and cleaned everything that it finds. Try to access my Yahoo Mail, didn't work. Tried your given miscrosoft link in my IE browser, same thing happened. Tried a few times just to make sure but in won't take me there. The status bar shows "Opening page http://support.microsoft.com/ ..." and the progress bar craaaawled halfway and then it just gor stuck there. Strange thing happen though... if I were to move the mouse pointer anywhere on the current page the status bar just dissappeared and nothing happen.

:tazz:

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi,

Lets try this:

Download that:
http://www.dslreport...nt/DRTCP021.exe

Click on that link and a window would come up to ask you to SAVE or OPEN, click on OPEN and you would see another window and at the bottom right hand side you would see a space that says MTU..you have to put 1492, then on the left side of that where it says adapter settings make you have the correct adapter selected, then clink on save and then exit and reboot your PC and tried one more time to access your hotmail and yahoo account and let us know.

Good luck! :tazz:

B

artoo1965

artoo1965

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
;) I'm sooooo very happy to report that after following that last instruction everything is working wonderfully. Managed to open my Yahoo Mail, Yahoo Group and best of all I've downloaded and installed IE6SP1 and all the windows critical updates. Thank you guys... y'all such a big help. Thank you coachwife6 for being with me all the way, I'm almost giving up hope. Besttechie... what gives? Attached is the my latest Hijack This log if you guys care eto take a look... just in case.

Thank you again. From Malaysia with love

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 2:26:22 PM, on 2/21/2005
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SSDPSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HIDSERV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\LEXMARK 4200 SERIES\LXBMBMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\LEXMARK 4200 SERIES\LXBMBMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GENIUS NETSCROLL+ SERIES\GNETMOUS.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGCC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGEMC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGAMSVR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\BILLP STUDIOS\WINPATROL\WINPATROL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ZTE\ADSLDIAL\ADSLDIAL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN2\YCOMP5_5_7_0.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\TOOLS\IESDPB.DLL
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\TOOLS\IESDSG.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN2\YCOMP5_5_7_0.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCHealth] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hidserv] Hidserv.exe run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark 4200 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 4200 Series\lxbmbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LexStart] lexstart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FaxCenterServer4_in_1] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 4200 Series\Fax\fm3032.exe" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mouseElf] C:\PROGRA~1\GENIUS~1\GNETMOUS.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVGFRE~1\AVGCC.EXE /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVGFRE~1\AVGEMC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_AMSVR] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVGFRE~1\AVGAMSVR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\PROGRAM FILES\BILLP STUDIOS\WINPATROL\winpatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SSDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ssdpsrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Startup: Corel Colleagues & Contacts Reminders.LNK = C:\Program Files\Corel\Print Office\cffrem.exe
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\TOOLS\IESDPB.DLL
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://zone.msn.com/...ro.cab34246.cab
O16 - DPF: {D77EF652-9A6B-40C8-A4B9-1C0697C6CF41} (TikGames Online Control) - http://zone.msn.com/...fault/shapo.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/...aploader_v6.cab

:tazz:

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi,

Glad you got it all fixed!! Great job! The log looks clean now, you are good to go. Happy computing! :tazz:

B