Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

:angry::angry:AGE OF EMPIREZ 2: Age Of Kingz:angry::angry:

• Please log in to reply

Ciaran_McG

Ciaran_McG

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey people,

I always hang around the forums alot, their V. helpful!.... anyway.... i didn't register an account until i couldn't resolve this problem myself...

Basically, I have installed age of empires 2, i have a BT VOYAGER 2100 Wireless ADSL Router, I have it configured so i can use netmeeting etc... anyway
the router can automatically configure the ports of AOE2 it's self so i let it.. i also configured ports myself (just to be sure).. anyway
i can play people on my network

example.. i can play my dad when he's on his laptop... and my sister when she's on her computer, anyway....

My friend who lives just across the street.... no router or anything... set's up a game.. my age of empires wont find it..... when i set up one.. he cant find it.....

the games just won't be found.. i ping his ip address and i get a response...

IP Details for me...

Internal Network IP: 192.168.1.4
Gateway Network IP: 192.168.1.1
Normal Ip Address: 81.129.24.61

Router: BT Voyager 2100 wireless adsl

I know that the port's are configured right because its automatically did and i double checked.. and it work's because i configured the netmeeting portz.... anyway

He does have norton internet security.. but its all configured correctly.. like my router....

Any Ideas? .... There's no problems running the game it's self... i used to play my friend alot at the game before this happened....

Help on this would be apperciated.. Thanks :tazz: - Ciaran

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I would get him to try turning off norton(i would reccmomend chucking it in favour of Avast its cheaper and better but that a bit Off topic), i would say it could be the router i know on the normal voyager router even if you manually open the ports they arent actually open, unless you went to the bother of contacting the tech guys so they can give you the exact script to run in the CMD window. Those router s are all a royal pain in the backside.

Ciaran_McG

Ciaran_McG

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
dude, i've got the ports running, i can use netmeeting and stuff it just seems to be age of empires.. we tried disabling norton

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Isn't their a 2 search types? When i played COD and stuff i could search LAN or internet. Is it like that?