Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Movie Mpegs

• Please log in to reply

Tytheman12

Tytheman12

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
So i got new DVD software on my computer, i did this beacuse i enjoy watching dvds on my comp, i hate having to change cds though.

I have Nero 6, and i know there is a way to "burn" a DVD onto my computer as a mpeg, i just dont know how to do this. I am willing to download a program aswell if it is better or easier than Nero 6.

Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is it an AVI file , or Mpeg already

Tytheman12

Tytheman12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
its on a dvd the way dvd are read on a comp i dont know they are all seperated in titles and chapters.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is there a main folder VTS_

Tytheman12

Tytheman12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
there are 2 folders video_ts and audio_ts

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You are really looking for the folder before that, what do you get if you insert the DVD and press cancel for autoplay the go to my computer, right click the drive then explore

Is this your own DVD or a bought one

Tytheman12

Tytheman12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
well i did do that and those are the only folders, there is nothing in the audio folders. well, i did buy this dvd, and it is mine lol. Its not homemade if thats what u mean.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You should be able to click the folders and then click copy, the problem will be trying to write it to another DVD as most software will not copy it, you will see this if you put the DVD in one drive then try to use Nero to copy it from there to the DVD Writer

Tytheman12

Tytheman12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
well i know how to do that i already did, but what i want to do is make the dvd one file a .mpeg file and keep it on my computer. Right now the dvd has like 12 files or something like that. Should i find a better forum for this topic?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Well it's a simple matter of inserting them in to the timeline then exporting them to get one file on your hard drive

Tytheman12

Tytheman12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
alright well i think i have seen that on nero i will look through that.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start smart, make DVD movie, then make movie, click browse then add the files, click the blue + to add them to the timeline, click export, then name it and it goes to Nero vision, exported video folder

todwin

todwin

• Pip
  • 4 posts
what you may really want is a "dvd ripper". google that and see. i may be wrong but i don't think nero as a video editor will convert the .vob files on the dvd to .mpg files on your hard drive. that's what the ripper does. then you can edit with nero if you want.

the dvd ripper works like cd rippers do getting the audio off of a cd and into a playable format on your hard drive.