Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reformat Problems

• Please log in to reply

Lifein8one3

Lifein8one3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Hi, i have soo many probs with this computer...that it is time for an overhaul. I want to reformat my computer. I have some problems. I have multiple partitions/OS's on the computer. Because of this..i have to choose from the black screen which to use. Well...they are all XP....my comp is very messed up. It says i have 3 Windows XP...but only the 1st choise works. I am assuming that this is because of probs i had before with the comp...so i reformatted...but did i. I must not have deleted the older partitions. I need to reformat my whole computer. I insert the recovery CD into the drive, restart it...but it doesnt read it. I am having trouble accesing the System BIOS to boot from CD. I have no idea what there is i can do... :tazz:

*My computer Manufacturer is Alienware. Its not a new model...but an older Area-51 model. I dont have warrenty on this computer anymore,and i dont have the money to pay for tech help. Please try to help me.

Here are my system hardware specs:
Base/Motherboard: Intel Pentium 4 Single-Processor Motherbaord RDRAM
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ 533 MHz FSB w/ 512 KB Cache
Memory: 512 MB RDRAM PC-800
Hardrive: 120 GB Western Digital UltraATA 72000RPM 8MB Cache
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Audigy 1394-5.1
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9700 PRO 128MB AGP Dual Monitor
Network Interface Card: Intel PRO/100 S Desktop Adapter

Need anything else??

Edited by Lifein8one3, 09 February 2006 - 12:39 AM.

Advertisements

Lifein8one3

Lifein8one3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
:tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Lifein8one3...

Is this the same machine that computerwiz12890 is helping you with in This Thread?

Looks to me like he's already on to the multiple installs and is going to help you get rid of the one you're not running from. It would be courteous to at least post the information he asked you for and continue with the fix he's working on with you rather than wasting the time and effort he has already given you. If it comes to formatting, I am sure that computerwiz12890 will be happy to help with that, as well.

wannabe1

Lifein8one3

Lifein8one3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
oh man sorry, i did not know someone responded....sorry again!