Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD play back

• Please log in to reply

Straylight

Straylight

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
:tazz: well it is a new computer and i have had enough trouble with it. as i am new at this type of thing i have a friend helping me but he is lost on this one so i have desided to get help from the pro's...... so from the start you put a DVD in and it works about 10 to 50 seconds into play it will frezz and then it will do it a bit later on in the film as weel as in 10 to 20 seconds after that.. my mate was thinking it was the active accelorator as in direct x but i have found how to turn that up and it is already up has any got any help???? :) just befor i leave this the DVD i am trying to play is dual layer single sided disc but i dont think that matters the DVD palyer RW multi function is LG thanks for any help that can be shead on this topic

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. What software are you using to play the dvds? PowerDVD? Windows Media Player? Just curious, will the drive play an audio cd without the "jumpy" syndrome you describe? You could check for a firmware update for the drive, but since you said this is a "new" computer, you may want to start with the manufacturer's tech support since it should be under warranty.