Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot export Outlook Express contacts

• Please log in to reply

mzstre

mzstre

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just upgraded to a new computer at work. Old comp running Windows 98, new comp with Windows XP MCE. I am trying to export my contacts from Outlook Express from old comp to new, but the contacts are not saved as a .wab file. The prior user had them saved to "Microsoft Outlook Contact Store". There is an option in the Address Book to change the location where the contacts are saved. I have tried switching the contact location back to .wap, but the contacts disappear until I switch back to the "Contact Store". When the contacts are saved to the "Contact Store", there is no option to export the contacts. How do I find this file and export the contacts to my new computer? I am desperate for help. I have nearly 300 work contacts that I will have to manually enter if I cannot find an answer.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Brandy :tazz:

Advertisements

RjBass

RjBass

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Is it possible to export the contacts as an access file and then import them into the new machine?

That is what I have been doing these past few days and it has worked just fine, although I have been going from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,173 posts
What happens when you open the address book go to file
export address book other. This should give the option to export as text file.
Are you sure the address book is not saved on a network server

Edited by peterm, 11 February 2006 - 06:38 PM.