Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I lost all audio!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

J_A

J_A

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hey there

the problems started when I wanted to play a self-burned DVD that was encoded in the NTSC format in windows media player. it played, but I had no sound. so I installed powerdvd and it played. the second dvd encoded in the same format wouldn't play any sound in either program though. so I installed codecs and during the installation, it de-installed two files that had a similar function to the functions that the codec itself had. and now, I have no audio at all. none. not even when logging on or off. I hope the sound card isn't busted, but it doesn't look that way. can you help?

the codec pack I installed was k-lite. I have windows XP. the audio settings seemed fine, the volume is all the way up.

Advertisements

J_A

J_A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i updated the drivers in the meantime, downgraded windows media player, changed the sound settings and still have nothing. i can't see the sound card in the hardware - could that be the problem? that it's not recognizing it? and how do I find out?

J_A

J_A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
alright, forget about it. you can delete this topic. I solved the problem myself.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
congratulations for figuring this issue out, sorry we couldn't help you.

since you found your solution i will be closing this topic. if you need it reopened please contact a moderator/admin.