Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer turns on, No display, Beeing noise, Shows nothing

• Please log in to reply

Mycah

Mycah

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Recently, My computer has been acting up, While I play my favorite game 'Guild Wars' it freezes and I get just a black screen, So i just restart it and it works fine, then it does it again, I do this maybe 5-6 times and then it just stops working all together, When i turn it on it displays nothing, Just the Red Blue and Green test screen, telling me to check my pc cable. And it is beeping, repeat ivilty, and won't do anything. This is very agervating. :tazz: ?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
beeping is a message and should come in a pattern (long, short, long short, etc...determine the pattern and we can determine the problem.

First, though, we need to know who makes your bios, if you can tell us, When it starts, you should see in the upper left corner AMI, or AWARD, or PHOENIX

Mycah

Mycah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I can't get the maker, it displays nothing

and it has long beeps that just keep going.

:S