Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF1942 running poorly.

• Please log in to reply

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
So heres the deal, I just upgraded my comp. (look @ sig), reinstalled windows, all my games etc. But battlefield 1942 still runs choppy at times. What gives, halflife 2 runs SMOOTH, so does counter-strike source, and COD2 does as well. But bf1942 gets kinda choppy, Im just wondering if anyone else had these same issues with it. I know PB has alot to do with it, but it shouldnt get that bad. I have a version of it on my GF's mac, and it does the same thing. Shes got a G5 Imac 1.8 512 ram. When my system had only 256 ram and a geforce 3 it did the same thing (video settings were set lower), Ive tried setting the video options down some - no change. Is it just bad coding or what?
-Pete.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Its been a while since I played bf1942. if you want, go to evanbalence.com and download the latest punkbuster updates for the game. As I recall the game had some performance issues. I would go into the bios of our system and disable hyperthreading. This will allow more cpu cycles to be available for use.