Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help Me With Windows XP Home Install. PLZ PLZ HELP

• Please log in to reply

Jman6807

Jman6807

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello! i am tryng to instal Windows XP Home and once I pass the Formatting part it will go into the copying part and at some point in this it will pick a random file and say it cannot copy it. No matter how many time i click retry button it will always say it and every time i restart the installation it will pick another file and say it again. I have three different windows XP home CDs and i used them all and it still had the problem. What can i do. If i take it to a computer store it will cost me alot and i will not be able to use it for at least a week and a half. Thankyou very much for your concern. :tazz: :) :) <---- hehe

Edited by Jman6807, 09 February 2006 - 05:53 PM.

Advertisements

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I guess no one has ever had this problem :tazz:

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
HI,
the hard drive on the computer is having a problem, get a disk manager for the hard drive and do a low level format or zero filling utlity and then try out
I can advice u to use amidiag utility for low level format... try a download of amidiag from google.com
find more info abt amidiag at www.amidiag.com/support

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I will go with that

You can use Boot and Nuke

http://dban.sourceforge.net/

Use the floppy or CDR version, when you run it, choose the auto version, will take hours

When windows set up gets to format XP choose the default NTFS format, not quick and check it is creating partition1 RAW on C if it is any different, press the reset button and it will then default to C