Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Discussion on Xbox 360!

• Please log in to reply

racinmason001

racinmason001

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I'm just curious to everyones opinion about the new 360!

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its a console, its microsoft, its nly saving glory is it has an excellent gfx card from ATI using the new unified pipeline architecture. Did i mention it was a console.

racinmason001

racinmason001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
i have heard it is faster than any pc out right now

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Not by a long shot.

You might be thinking of PS3 it is faster than any pc because it has XDR ram and an 8 core cpu.

Edited by warriorscot, 09 February 2006 - 05:55 PM.

racinmason001

racinmason001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
The reason why I am asking is because I just got my hands on one about 3-4 weeks ago and I think the thing is revolutionary. I also wanted to hear about any over heating or if that is just bull@#$!.

racinmason001

racinmason001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Not by a long shot really! Why do you say that??

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah lots have been overheating they have been removed from sale in most places until they fix it.

Its only revolutionary if you havent had a good pc, ive seen one in the shop and playing cod2 and seen lots of screenies, its indistinguishable on gfx to my system now on the HDTV(i know ive got an HDTV) and ive been playing games like that for a while now and i dont even have a particulalry powerful system. And you get a better choice of cheaper and larger more technically advanced games for the pc you dont get for a console, and when it slows down i can stick a new gfx card in this or some more ram, and switch out the cpu, you cant do that in a console.

Pcs have more ram, and faster cpus due to there superior cooling and power supplies. 360 has one more core than usual but its the lst of the powerpc chips and powerpcchips have never had the chops of the x86 ones. like i said its biggest advantage is its more modern gfx card they havent been released yet for pc but thats changing this summer and the faster performance of everything else more than compensates.

Edited by warriorscot, 09 February 2006 - 06:01 PM.

racinmason001

racinmason001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Well that pretty much explains alot to me. No I have not had a good pc, just my slow emachines model T2792 with an extra ram chip 512mb and a intel pentium 4 2.0 ghz cpu I put in. I have a mitsubishi big screen HDTV so I do know a little about high definition. My lil girl wants to play her barbie fashion show game so I got to jet feel free to keep posting though I'll be back in an hour or so.

Mr Game Guy in HAwAii

Mr Game Guy in HAwAii

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have one, played it, it sucks, I am selling it. I bought madden (sucks as always, don't know why I bothered) Kameo, DOA 5, er 4 wahtever, 2 controllers, its so lame compared to ...MY PC.

nuff said, I am sick of microcrap.

Darryl

Darryl

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Between PS3 or the 360, I would pick PS3. But in the end, I'd probably end up upgrading my PC over either one of them.

Advertisements

stressed76

stressed76

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I personally would choose the 360 cause there is no PS3 yet. I've been hearing a lot about the PS3 and being sooooooo far behind even to the point of people getting their PS3' by Christmas if they are lucky!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They stopped selling 360s because of excess heat production so you cant get a new 360 either at the moment.

stressed76

stressed76

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
really? When did they stop selling???

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Well it's Microsoft they'll just issue a security update...oh yeah they can't because it's hardware. :tazz:

It just makes you wonder how much testing the box had?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They stopped selling just after christmas, so just after they had sold out, they issued a full recall on all defective machines.