Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VGA & Sound

• Please log in to reply

noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hi all,

I recently got myself an Xbox360 VGA cable but i am having a slight problem with something. I can hook up the Video and it displays fine but I can't seem to get any sound on the speakers. The audio is simply the red & white AV leads so I bought a "Two Phono to 3.5mm Stereo Adaptor" connector. Do i need this? If so, where do i connect it to? My soundcard is part of my motherboard (which is a Micro ATX 915GVM4 series) and uses Realtek HD audio.

I have tried connecting the adaptor to the blue input on my soundcard and set it as 'line out' (the speakers are connected to the green input, set as 'Line In') but it didn't work. I can get sound if i connect it DIRECTLY to the sub woofer input at the back of my speaker but it isn't too loud and i don't have any volume control the 360 (be it from the speaker's volume control itself OR my PC).

All i want is to play my 360 on my PC monitor with the sound coming through my PC speakers (and the ability to adjust the sound volume from the speaker). The sub woofer is the only input as far as i can see hence my trying it through the PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Noobsaibot21

Advertisements