Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help My Computer Randomly Turned Off.

• Please log in to reply

Jman6807

Jman6807

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I was trying to install windows because lately i have been having this problem where windows wont instal due to sum error where it wont copy certain files and i must quit the installation..this time i booted from the cd like i always do and my computer shuts off and i click the button and it wont start again..it will not start up..plese help me on both subjects if possible.

Edited by Jman6807, 09 February 2006 - 06:53 PM.

Advertisements

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi,
This kind of problem normally occurs due to hard drive sectors.
try doing a low level format on the hard drive using any disk manager utility or try out for zero filling of the hard drive.
one of the most effective software to do this would be amidiag, try using that utility and ur issue will surely be resolved
Take care and best of luck :tazz:

frankthetank

frankthetank

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
I think your power supply might be dead. Try opening the computer and making sure everything is plugged in. Also clear your CMOS by switching the pin to 1 and 2 then wait like a 2 minutes and switch the pin back to 2 & 3. After that start it up.
If you need anymore help send me a message.