Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Epson Stylus D88 on Win2k

• Please log in to reply

Claire_Andree

Claire_Andree

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Well!!! I uninstalled it all, deleted all USB in device manager, re-booted, dis-abled SophosAV, Installed from CD ROM, but I installed using CUSTOM not EASY as recommended on installation instructions. However it was still not printing, this was the same problem I encountered last night. I enabled my SAV after this initial installation. I then tried the driver from the Epson site, still no joy with this though. Then I looked at the printer status and noticed that the ink levels were showing NIL, so I did the online diagnostic test to find where the problem was. The results showed that there was a communication problem between printer and computer. I then looked at the USB 's in Device Manager and there was a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark against USB PRINTER, I had a look at the properties for this and it stated it was not configured correctly, I deleted it. I then put the CD Rom back into CD drive and clicked CUSTOM for manual installation of printer driver, tried port LPT2, as that was where our other printer was configured to with USB, still no joy. I then did the printer driver installation again from the CD ROM, this time I installed to USB Virtual Printer Port. After completion I printed off a document no problems. All the windows that acknowledge the printer appeared
. :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know