Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

CPU 100% max because of McAfee

• Please log in to reply

ball buster

ball buster

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:) When McAfee is on it runs fine but it makes my CPU max out every 30 seconds on the second. Is this meant to happen or not? It prohibits me watching DVD's because it makes them freeze? So I have to turn it off to watch them can this be stopped or simply turned off and left off? :tazz: I only found out the problem today because I was trying to watch a DVD a few days ago and since then I have been trying to find the source of the problem now it has been found can anything be done to help? is there a way to leave McAfee on but stop it maxing out my CPU which is a AMD 3700+

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go.

McAfee should not be doing something like that. First of all, is McAfee your only anti-virus, or do you have another. If you have more than one, there could be conflicting going on.

If McAfee is your only anti-virus, then let's try the simple solution of uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. Let me know how it goes.