Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A problem with burner

• Please log in to reply

arian

arian

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hy..well i am have a problem with a burner...i installed the burner into my computer...and i downloaded nero to burn files....and i know that i properly pluged in the cables to the burner because i check it so many times.
anyways when i inser a dvd-r disk to burn a file ..then when i try to burn it says to insert a disk...
the disk i have are
memorex DVD-R amd DVD+R
also my burner can support that writing format

so i really need help because it has been weeks and i just dont know what to do.. :tazz:

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi there arian, welcome to GTG Forums.

Can you use other cd's??? Try and put in a CD that is not blank, eg. Music

arian

arian

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ohh yeah ...
when i put a cd it reads it...
but when i try to burn something it says enter a black disk.....and thats what i did ,, but i dont get it..

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi again, what model is your cd-rom??? are you sure it is a DVD "Writer"?

arian

arian

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i have a pioneer dvr-610 Internal DVD/CD writer and reader

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Ok now that we have that out of the way, maybe it is the way you are trying to burn the DVD, depending on what nero you are using you will do it diffrently, I assume you are using nero 6???

Start "nero 6 startsmart" at the top you will see a drop down box where it might say "CD" or "DVD" make sure it says "DVD" and try again to copy your data to disc. If that does not work post back for next solution.

arian

arian

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
no..no...i know how to use the program but for anyfile wheni try to burn it says to insert a disk....

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Ok, have you tried using a diffrent type of brand disc??? Try copying data to a normal disc (CD not DVD)

:tazz:

arian

arian

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
no i havnt tryed that...
but its the problem is the disks that i have now, i wont be able to return them because it has been more then a week plus i have lost the receipt
lol.
and the disks are brand new i just dont understand why they wouldnt work......i ll try to get a new disk...

if the disk isnt the source of the probem....do u have any other solution i can try before getting a new disk.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Ok, before getting a new disk, try a diffrent cd/dvd copier program:

http://www.soft32.co...nload_4457.html

Let me know if this works. (You may not have to buy new disks just yet. :tazz: )

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
I had this before but it was LG drive. what I did to get it run was to reset the drive region. It sure doesn't make any sence but it works for me ever since. To do that you can find the option in some player like Power DVD or you can go in to drive property and do it. You can only change region 5 times in total but you shouldn't have to worry, I've never use this option two time on one drive myself.