Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Older game, New puter...Plz Help!

• Please log in to reply

ChadOverdose

ChadOverdose

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am trying to run a game entitled: "Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of the Monster" on my computer. I am using Win. XP and this game is from '97. When I launch the game, after the credits I get a white screen with the message: "You need Quicktime and a graphics decompressor to view this image". I of course have Quicktime and I've tried Mo'Slo and another "slow your computer down" program but either I didn't know how to use it or it just wasn't working. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello ChadOverdose and welcome to G2G!

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

ChadOverdose

ChadOverdose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, no luck :tazz:

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
If it's a DOS game try running it through the MS-DOS emulator DOSBox.
You might also want to use the D-Fend frontend, link to the D-Fend site is on the DOSBox downloads page.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 10 February 2006 - 12:49 PM.

ChadOverdose

ChadOverdose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I certainly appreciate the help but when I run those programs and try to run the game (or two of my other older mid 90's games) it always says "Microsoft Windows is need to run this program" :tazz:

~COD

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Run it in compatibility mode. rut click on the link for the game or the games executable file select properties. under the compatibility check the box "Run this game in compatibility mode for:" and select windows 98 if that doesn't work try selecting win95. experiment with the options under the compatibility tab

Edited by memberix, 10 February 2006 - 07:21 PM.