Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

ATI problem

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
hey, i got a problem with my ATI radeon 9600 pro AGP card, i already tried to update drivers, but after i've completed the installation, it says (control center)

CLI.exe - Application error
the application failed to initialize properly (0xc00001350. click on Ok to terminate the application.

the rest of the driver, i can't even install them.
so, i've just seen the ATI control center for the first time(screenshot from someone) and i did'nt recognize it. so i'm gessing that i've been playing on my mobo all the time, since my drivers never worked. i always get a error log like the one listed above.

i also get blue screens frequently when i play games, (don't know what number stuff), or i get all kinds of spacing lines or blocks running in all colours around my monitor(i can only put my pc into standby and back in order to restore, or just completely restart). also it occures quite often that when i boot up my pc, i get a ragged screen, with little lines running through.

PLZ help me!!!
thx anyway

my system AMD xp 2800+
asus A7V8X-X mobo
512 mb RAM
80 gb Maxtor hdd
iiyama ls704ut
ati radeon 9600 pro
sony dvd drive
lite-on cd rw drive

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
[size=1]12 Fridge

here is some information i found

What is it?
ATI Catalyst - cli.exe

What does cli.exe do?
cli.exe quote's are from the startup DB. There are 2 primary listings. One is called cli.exe systemtray and it is:
"System Tray access to ATI's CATALYST? CONTROL CENTER. Note that this has "SystemTray" appended to CLI.exe in the "Command" column of MSCONFIG. Not required to run the control center - which is available via a right-click on the desktop"

The second entry is called cli.exe runtime.
"ATI's CATALYST? CONTROL CENTER. Required if you want to change graphics settings on a regular basis but you must have internet access and Microsoft's .NET framework installed. Note that this has "runtime" appended to cli.exe in the "Command" column of MSCONFIG. If not you can start the program manually via Start -> Programs -> ATI Catalyst Control Center -> Advanced -> Restart Runtime "

Neither is needed by windows.

more info here: http://process.netwo...com/cli.exe.php

and more on google.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
i don't quite understand what you mean, also, check this topic for a explanation that might clarify the one in this topic. geekstogo.com forums ATI catalyst control center