Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win auto update

• Please log in to reply

Rick7er

Rick7er

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi guy's ! most of the time I go to windows up dates on my comp. the page will come and check for dates and find some, but I go to install then the computer will hang and at times I'll will hang as soon as page comes up will . and also when I go load auto up dates the install window will come up and most of the time the cursor will just blink, and it will not download the updates. I tried the first step in the advice you gave to (smithxx99) in the cmd win. the (net stop wuauserv<enter>) the reply was could not be stop, or invaild command for this service, the same for (net stop bits). Any help you can render will be greatfuly appreciated. A thankful R.7er

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Is that all that is going on (problems with windows update) or is there more

In the meantime, note time, visit windows update

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

Rick7er

Rick7er

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi gerryf. Did you need all errors with time & data, source, category, event, user, and for how far back in time, I have alot of app.hangs, In sys. a lot of(most are service control manger),W32time, windows update agent,DCOM,incdrm. Do I need to match the time of error in app.&sys.

Rick7er

Rick7er

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi how you doing ? Hope things are well. Would like to know if you have had time to think about my problem with windows updates . It's still the same, app. hangs & service control manager don't seem to happen at the exact same time. I may have forgot mention that when I go to my e-mail update notification it will work most of the time. Thank you for your time. R.7er

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

Is that all that is going on (problems with windows update) or is there more

In the meantime, note time, visit windows update

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

Rick7er

Rick7er

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you for your reply. Today I had no problems with windows updates from start menu, it work just fine. I would like to know if it would be alright with you to send you the scan report from Hi jack this, so you can look it over for any irregularities? Then if I need to attend to them, more than likely with your help, for I'am computer stupid!!! Thank you for your help. R.7er

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please attach it, do not post it. Someone will be along to look at it, but if we see malware in this forum, we will redirect you