Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New budget case, need help picking one

• Please log in to reply

Tjvelcro

Tjvelcro

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I'm looking for someones opinion on a new computer case. I was going to pick up the Sonata II however someone mentioned that it would get a little cramped with the air duct attached. (it is possible to remove it though) I was looking at this case because it seemed like a good deal, 137$ Canadian comes with a 450 watt power supply. So my only concern is about heat and air flow. Apperently the air duct cools the CPU and Video card only a few degrees but block air flow for other components. So my biggest worry is that I will get my new PC with Sonata II, then when I upgrade to (geforce 7800 GT) SLI I will need a new case and power supply. Any comments or questions would be appriatated.

Tjvelcro

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
it all depends on what you will be running in the system
more exactly:
1) CPU
2) how many hard drives
3) how many disc drives (not that important)
and are you going to overclock the CPU?

the best thing to look for in a case is air flow and is it what you wat froma case?
like how many drive bays optical bays and usb ports.

also you will be running two graphics cards which will need a decent amount of air maybe look for a case that has and intake fan in front of the hard drives and a decent size exahust fan to blow out the hot air

the case i have does me pretty well its not that crash hot but it looks smart and temps are pretty low (p4 3.0Ghz OC'ed to 3.4Ghz @ 36 degrees C and 57 degrees C at full load)
the case model adn parts are listed below: